Teiid 15.0.0 Released
Teiid 15.0.0 is now available for download and includes 44 total issues addressed.
The feature highlights for 15.0 are:
- TEIID-5040 The google spreadsheet source can specify more than one spreadsheet with the new SpreadsheetMap property.
- TEIID-3647 Added a HDFS file source utilizing the hadoop client jars.
- TEIID-5950 Added an Amazon Athena Translator.
- TEIID-5936 Added an S3 source, which can be used with the Excel translator, for all S3 sources.
- TEIID-5928 Added properties for the partitioned load of materialized views.
- TEIID-5977 Added support for pushing virtual functions via a source function option teiid_rel:virtual-function
- TEIID-6005 Better support for Teiid in DBeaver as a postgres source
- TEIID-5780 Added SSL authentication support
Special thanks go out to our GSOC intern Aditya Manglam Sharma for his work toward HDFS and S3 support. His efforts have helped this release have more new functionality compared to the last couple of major/minor releases. Aditya is also closing in on a parquet translator for Teiid 16.
There were also contributions from Mudit Jain, as well as issues identified by Dmitrii Pogorelov, Ken Geis, Renat Eskenin, Manoj Majumdar, Nayan Bija, Rafael Sampaio, and Rui Wang.
As with Teiid 14 there isn’t much in this migration. It keeps the same JRE and WildFly requirements as Teiid 14. You can still consult the Migration Guide when upgrading.
Also the master and 15.x documentation are back in good shape - old links will even still work.
Teiid 13.1.2 will be released shortly.
Thank you, The Teiid Team