The Teiid project includes a few tools to help you develop and manage various artifacts and components.
Teiid Designer is a deprecated visual tool built in Eclipse, that enables rapid, model-driven definition, integration, management and testing your VDBs using the Teiid runtime framework.
The Teiid Console is a graphical web based administrative tool that is written using the GWT technologies which is used to monitor WildFly instances. Teiid provides an additional plugin-in into this system that lets users configure and manage Teiid along with WildFly.
What can the console do?
help with various administrative tasks such as…
- Deploying a VDB to a running server, and undeploy
- Create and deploy a Data Source
- Check translator property
- Change deployed VDB configuration.
help in monitoring tasks such as…
- Viewing and management of sessions
- Monitoring the active system health and stopping and starting services
- View currently executing queries and perform a ‘cancel’ if necessary
- View current system properties
The Teiid Admin Shell is a deprecated scripting tool based on Groovy that can be used to perform the administrative functions on a Teiid Server from a command line shell, GUI shell or a script file. This tool exposes the java based Admin API with its tooling to allow easily editable scripting.