Teiid 11.0.0 Released
Teiid 11.0.0 is now available for download and includes 51 total issues addressed including new Exasol connectivity.
This was a somewhat shorter release cycle than several of the recent minor releases, but addressed a similar number of issues. Since we are doing more frequent releases we will try to keep even major release increments managable.
Please see the Migration Guide and release notes when upgrading. In particular the default salesforce connectivity has been bumped to version 34, Teiid in embeeded scenarios will default to a smaller amount of disk usage, and function model support has been completely removed.
The feature highlights for 11.0 are:
- TEIID-4520 Added the Exasol translator.
- TEIID-5356 Improved column metadata with DDL views - and other metadata fixes such as TEIID-5361 and TEIID-5359
- TEIID-3439 Added support for table aliases to contain a period '.' character
- Various SQL compatibility issues to support JOQL
- TEIIDTOOLS-437 OpenTracing integration for remote JDBC clients. Further automatic integration will be provided via Thorntail.
See all 51 issues in JIRA. Special thanks go out to dalax dalax, Bram Gadeyne, Lukáš Svačina, and Harold Campbell for reporting several important issues. Harold’s contributions addressed many issues with the JPA translator - if you use the that translator consider upgrading to 10.3 or 11.0 latest.
You can expect a fix release in 4-5 weeks. Thank you, The Teiid Team